Learn By Doing
We developed this program for your teen—that young adult in your life that is miserable and all (or most) of that angst centers around school. Generally, by default, they end up bringing that home and making everyone else miserable as well. Even if they have no clue what they would do instead, these kids do know that this type of education is hurting them – not helping them. Astrolabe Academy gives your soon to be adult child they tools they will need to thrive in their future and it does this in a way that will help them fall back in love with learning.
This program is for your high-school aged child if your or they can say “that’s me” to any of the following statements.
- I have a child who is struggling in school, because (insert reason here—they don’t test well, they are different and get bullied, I don’t know but they are miserable, etc)
- My child has IEPs
- I feel like I am wasting my time
- I would rather be (insert thing here—fixing cars, traveling, flying planes, climbing walls, mastering chemistry, dancing, you name it)
- I wish I could just skip this and get on with college, life, work, etc.
- I wish I could learn (insert thing here) in school but they do not offer it
- School is so boring to me
We can fix these common complaints! Let us help you connect with your teen, reduce their stress (and yours), while giving them the best education money can buy — at a fraction of the cost of the best private schools.
Astrolabe Academy’s programs have been developed from the knowledge and experience of many years working with teens in a variety of learning sitatuions, as well as countless consultations with other experts in this field. Our Freedom Learning Path program not only allows students to learn based on their own interests and passions, it also provides a foundation and a toolset that promotes a lifetime of learning. If you or your teen would like to see any of the following changes in your lives, you are in the right place!
- Reconnecting with your teen
- Reducing stress in your home & family
- Simplify your life
- No longer bound by artificial schedules imposed by the school
- Add a level of freedom and flexibility to your live
- Reconnect positively with your parents
- Deep dive into your interests
- Learn what you want, when you want and how you want
- Jumpstart your career
- Have freedom to learn from anywhere
- Have freedom to travel
- Head on to college if you want to
Astrolabe Academy offers a uniques high school experience. We start by laying a foundation for an effective student-directed learning experience. During this time we will conduct assessments (not academic necessarily, but functional, fun, and more useful for one’s real life), begin some imporant discussions, and start them in a student mastermind group. We will help them gain clarity, create their vision, set a goal and reverse engineer that into action steps. This is where they will learn the good stuff—the stuff they do not teach in traditional school.
For some students, this, paired with our Graduation Track, is all they need to get launched on their own, and if they show they are ready, and the parents agree, we will graduate them early. Most students, however, opt for continuing enrollment and support until they are ready to graduate.
*A new student enrollment fee of $250 will be due on acceptance into the program. This fee will guarantee your child’s seat. Multiple child discounts are available. If you need tuition assistance, please contact us!
How learning should be…
Guided, Mentored Learning
What’s included with the
- Love Language assessment and discussion
- Strengths assessment and discussion
- Functional Literacy assessment and recommendations
- One 1-hour one on one strategy call with student (to set up a personalized plan)
- Weekly group discovery meetings where we cover different topics, like goal setting, with coursework to followup on
- Weekly mastermind sessions with students to work through challenges that pop up, questions, mentor connections, etc.
- Monthly 30 minute Parent Check-in
- Weekly 15 minute individual student check-in
- Monthly Live Parent mastermind meetings
- Student portal for discussions, notes, follow ups, & assignemts
- Parent portal for upper level view of student’s activities
Stepping into their future
Your teen learned a lot about themselves and learned to communicate and work with others, and to contribute in ways that improve everyone’s experiences. They have clarity on what they want to pursue, have found mentors, worked, researched, and studied. They are very sure how they want to move forward. So, what happens now? Graduation? Possibly. There are choices that can be made. Additional schooling or classes can be attended as a graduate or as a dual-enrolled student. We’ll help you choose that path.
Graduation Track - 8 Weeks
If, the student is ready to get on with their life, the graduation track can be added to their current semester and allows the student to graduate with a diploma by the end of that semester. Students as young as 14 have followed this path and gone on to very successful lives. This track can be added into any semester. The graduation track includes:
- Additional bi-weekly (4 sessions) coaching for portfolio sumission
- Portfolio review
- Framed diploma
- 3 copies of narrative transcript
- Book and pamphlet offering advice and guidance for post high school life
- Alumni status with Astrolabe Academy
The graduation track tuition is included for students that have been with us more than a year. For new students, that tuition investment varies. Please contact us for more information.
Based in New Mexico, we serve all 50 states.
Astrolabe Academy welcomes all students regardless of race, religion, color, gender, nationality or ethnic origin.