Summer Camp: Ocean Exploration & NOAA Visit
For Youth Ages 12-18.
Event Canceled – not enough participation…
Join us for a week of heavy science and math in our NOAA Ocean Exploration Camp! Youth will use NOAA’s “Why Do We Explore?” curriculum* to learn about the theories, science and obstacle involved in exploring the world’s ocean. We will spend 4 days experimenting here on the farm in Charles City and one day visiting NOAA’s Chesapeake Bay Office in Norfolk, VA.
Where: LOCAL STEW U, 5501 Monguy Rd, Charles City, VA 23030
When: August 27-31, 9M – 4PM, Drop off 8:30-9AM/Pickup 4-4:30PM
- $50 Deposit due on signup.
- Remainder due by start of camp.
- Deposit non-refundable if canceled after the Thursday night at midnight prior to the camp week.
- 15% discount for multiple children.
Number of Attendees: 20 Campers
Pre-registration required. Link below.
- Activities are located on a farm with dogs, cats and various livestock. Campers will have an opportunity to visit the animals and learn about farm life during breaks and lunch.
- Campers should bring their own lunch for the 4 working days. The day we visit the center, lunch will be provided.
- Beverages and snacks will be provided.
*Camp is based on the wonderful work at NOAA’s Ocean Explorer website. This is an amazing resource for homeschoolers and anyone interested in Ocean Science!
Richmond Times Dispatch - "When a Farm is Your Classroom"
Goochland Gazette - "Local Farm School Making Move to Charles City"
Cheryl Tan Media Podcast 49: [Strategy] Re-engage Your Tribe
Richmond Magazine – Private School Report 2017
NBC12 – Farm-based high school offers alternative for students
Goochland Gazette - "A new view of school"
Educators Challenged to Increase Interest in Agriculture